Monday, June 25, 2007

Lament

If you’re going to leave upset,
Don’t peel out of my driveway.
I’ll stay up all night and regret
The moment I walked away.

All I needed was a moment!
Just one so I could breathe.
I’ve been unable to stop this torrent
Since you decided to leave.

I gave you a little time,
So that you could calm down,
But as my heart rate climbed
You were nowhere to be found.

I called you – was ignored,
Then the shower called to me.
You’d think that I’d get bored,
But I kept dialing.

I finally collapsed,
Clutching my phone to me.
I was nowhere near relaxed,
But I tried to get some sleep.

A restless hour later
I was woken by my phone.
The answer to my prayer –
You safely made it home!

I called to clear the air,
Again I was ignored.
Somehow you couldn’t spare
The thirty seconds I implored.

I clung to my phone
And lay awake all night.
How could I have blown
The best part of my life?

I shouldn’t take the blame-
You mad the mistake.

No comments: