Thursday, May 15, 2008

Spring Fever

Sitting in this lousy
Dorm, I've considered flinging myself out
The window, though
I know
It's too thick for me to break.
Cracking my back - thank you to
The comfortable dorm mattress -
I miss my mattress.

Two more weeks; well,
Plus exams, but I don't want to
Think about those.
Tomorrow another class where
The professor is too lazy to teach us.
Yesterday was a midterm, about a quarter
Of which was covered neither
In class nor in the book.

Loud music outside; they must
Not care about their grades.
I'm sick of caring, but I can't stop.
I don't even want to wake up in the morning,
But I don't want not to, either.

My stomach growls and I feel
It shrinking - thank you disgusting
Door room food.
I miss real food, where
the flavor hasn't been sucked
Out of all the veggies.
I hope they haven't sucked it from me.

No comments: